Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Beauty May Be Beheld by Only One, I've Found



So ....... when was the last time you shot off fireworks just for yourself? (Get your minds out of the gutter, for Pete's sake.) Well let me tell you, I just put about $65 into the night sky tonight just for my own personal celebration of being out in the country, alone and able to watch some pretty cool fireworks all by myself. OK so maybe I was celebrating a tad bit more than that, even, but that's enough, isn't it? A little Black Cat fun for one. Solo sparklers. Blasts and beauty beheld by the (for tonight) bachelorette.

Tonight was a good reminder for me that we all need to do what we want (if you can) when the mood is right. Rather than waiting for some publicly ordained moment for joy, celebrate as needed. It's kind of like instead of being told when it is appropriate to carouse, choosing how, when and why we feel the need to honor life here on earth and then going ahead with that choice.

If you're not lucky enough to live in a state where they don't care whether you blow off nine fingers and part of your nose in joyful celebration, I recommend moving to Missouri. Libertarians love it here ....... year round. Well, except for that dastardly helmet law, but we're working on that.

Cheers!


No comments: