Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Republicans Love Teachers

I know, I know, two Republican blogs in one day but really, I couldn't let this pass. Why? Because I come from a long line of teachers, from kindergarten to college professor. My grandfather was the Dean of Central College for 37 years. He taught math, astronomy, and several other things I'm not particularly good at. My grandmother taught Latin. They have buildings named after them.

My Father was a school Principal most of his adult life and my mother taught Latin and Kindergarten until she retired. So, when someone talks about public school teachers in this country, I listen.

I quote Ann Coulter from her most recent column on her website, speaking about Obama and public school teachers:

"He was suspiciously verbose about saving the jobs of public school teachers. Because nothing says "economic stimulus" better than saving the jobs of lethargic incompetents who kick off at 2 p.m. every day and get summers off. Actually, that's not fair: Some teachers spend long hours after school having sex with their students."

"Lethargic incompetents." Hmmm ....... teachers, are you listening?

No comments: