Monday, January 23, 2012

The First Day of the Rest of My Life!

This is it.  Today is the day.  Monday:  the day of most "starts", right?  Wednesday:  the day of most "quits".  Sigh.

I'm feeling the motivation to lose weight, finally.  Things have gotten out of hand.  I'm here exposing myself in the hopes that anyone else who needs to join me in this adventure will do so and feel encouraged by what I write.  You, also, will encourage me with your own participation.

I have succumbed to the advertising of Nutrisystem.  Indeed, I intend to look just like Janet Jackson in four months.  Heh.


Ok, I'll have to tan a bit and exercise a lot, but I can do it!

It's too soon for me to announce just how much weight I would LIKE to lose, or even how much I expect to lose on this trek.  That would be overwhelming.  The truth is, I'd like to get back to looking like I did as a teenager.  Not because I will look like a teenager again, but because I'll FEEL more like a teenager again.  Without all the angst and hormonal surges.  The best of both worlds!


I started the morning with my teeny weenie little bowl of bran cereal.  Adding soy milk and stevia, it wasn't a bad meal at all.  Now I'm supposed to have some sort of protein drink.  I'll shake that up pretty soon.

Here's what I like about this whole scenario right now:  it's easy, it's already prepared, there is no measuring or thinking.  Since I'm living alone in Manitou Springs at the moment, what could be better?

I trek down to the kitchen, pull something out of the pile of breakfast, lunch or dinner and voila - my meal is in front of me.

Admittedly I have become very spoiled and very lazy when it comes to my diet.  When I felt that first surge of hunger I'd grab something.  Didn't really seem to matter what it was.  Peanuts, crackers and cheese, cereal.  Occasionally I'd make a good meal including vegetables, but I was often too lazy to do that.

Right now there are so many things I want to write, read and explore, that good nutrition just wasn't on my radar.

Here's what I have found so far this morning, in just a few hours of my new adventure.  This has inspired me to take all of my vitamins.  I've set up my new stereo where I will use it both for enjoyment and meditation.  


I'm going to stick to this, and will remain accountable to you, my two devoted readers.

Stay tuned.



No comments: